Cultivation, Rumination, Inspiration, Other -tions

So that job I mentioned in passing ended up panning out - I will be starting my preliminary, super-probational training on the 1st of June. I've never had to jump through so many hoops to get a job before, but I've also not had such an important job, so it makes sense. I'm nervous, but happy-excited, nonetheless.

This afternoon, I had the pleasure of meeting with Nancy of Next Page Books in Frisco to discuss the possibility of including a mini-unit of poetry in her fledgling writing group. I have no loftier goal than to cultivate new poets and readers of poetry, so it was really exciting to sit and talk about our approaches to the art of writing and our philosophies of teaching writing. It was so inspiring to go back through the gems I had accumulated through my grad years in preparation for the meeting, realizing that I have accumulated a lot over the years and now's the time to pay it forward. August cannot get here soon enough!

Now, I'm just sitting here, watching VH1 for no particular reason other than the fact that I'm paralyzed by the uber-spicy chipotle cream sauce I've just consumed with my pasta. Spicy food is a bit like hiking. It always sounds good but once you're in the midst of it, you usually wonder why you thought it was such a great idea. But it's still so gooooood.

Comments

Popular Posts